I left my heart in San Francisco

 

Imagine this: a dreamer like me, navigating the chaotic streets of San Francisco… It just used to be a dream place. It’s like I'd been dropped into the middle of a scene from "On the Wings of Love" (JaDine reunite!), except instead of swooning over Clark, I was busy doing my own thing, as always!

Then I was able to navigate SF (Wow! SF!) in a GoCar – those quirky little vehicles that look like they were designed by a mad scientist. It was like being in a real-life Mario Kart race, except instead of throwing banana peels, I was desperately trying to use GPS and find our way. Never did I realize that instead of a controlled route, I was thrown into steering the legal streets of San Francisco! (Yes, with buses and trucks and what-have-you). I later realized “Oh that was why the staff was asking if I ever wanted to purchase an insurance!” I was torn between fun and nerves and trust me, both are next-level thrills!

As I embarked on the Alcatraz tour, I couldn't help but feel a shiver run down my spine – partly from the chilling stories of notorious inmates, and partly from the bone-chilling wind that seemed to whisper tales of its own. I cannot imagine the struggle you have to endure being locked in that place, on that island. Let's just say, it maximized my newfound appreciation for the comfort of my bed.

And then there was In-N-Out Burger – the holy grail of fast food, the stuff dreams are made of. Well, that’s what they say. I liked that I can now compare Shake Shack with this just because I finally sank my teeth in these delectable burgers! I deserved the extra sides after the electrifying Go Car experience.

But amidst all the madness and mayhem, there were moments of pure magic. Like getting my hair all blown as I crossed the Golden Gate Bridge riding atop the open-top Big Bus. Or getting lost in the winding streets of Haight-Ashbury. Or just enjoying the calamari and fish and chips at the Fisherman’s Wharf.

Leaving San Francisco was like saying goodbye to an old friend – equal parts heartbreaking and exhilarating. But as I boarded the plane home, I couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement at the thought of all the crazy adventures that still lay ahead. San Francisco may have been just a stop on my journey, but it left an indelible mark on my heart – and a few bruises on my shins from those darn GoCars.

So here's to you, San Francisco – thanks for the memories, the laughter, and the fish and chips. Until we meet again, keep being your wonderfully weird self.

XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to survive a long flight on Economy

Venizia: A peasant traveler's tale